- Application Opening Date: June 5, 2017
- Application Deadline Date: June 30, 2017 17:00
- Charitable Endowment fund established in partnership with Ottawa Community Foundation and the True Sport Foundation
- Established to help Ottawa Community Sporting Organizations
- Grants will be available on a yearly basis
- Focus of 2017 grants will be to ASSIST community sport organizations to establish new programs for underrepresented communities in Ottawa
- Focus of grants will shift on a yearly basis
- Ottawa Sport Council will host events to continue to grow the Endowment Fund- signature event will be the Ottawa Sport Summit
Program Goal – Participation– increase opportunities for participation in sport activities embracing True Sport principles in underrepresented communities in Ottawa.
True Sport Principles:
- Go For It
- Play Fair
- Respect Others
- Have Fun
- Stay Healthy
- Include Everyone
- Give Back
Greater access to opportunities leveraging the many benefits of good sport from a platform of shared values and principles (True Sport)
Who can Apply?
Incorporated not-for-profit organizations that offer sport programs and have operated and been incorporated for at least one year in Ontario.
Funding Available: 2 projects, up to a maximum of $1500 per project (only 1 application per organization will be funded)
Grant Duration: up to 1 year
Eligible Project Expenses:
- Personnel Costs- costs to deliver project
- Facility costs – for example – ice time, field time, pool time
- Project supplies and equipment required for project delivery
- Equipment Costs
Ineligible Project Expenses:
- Requests to fund a previously offered/currently offered program or project
- Requests that do not broadly align with Ottawa Sport Council Foundation program goals
- Project expenses covered by other sources of funding
- Administrative expenses related to an organization’s ongoing business activities
- Any expense incurred before Ottawa Sport Council Foundation approval of the grant
- Capital Costs
- Applicants must include their Not for Profit Incorporation Number to confirm the eligibility of the organization.
Application: Applicants will be required to:
- Clearly describe the project that will be undertaken
- Address the community need that will be addressed through the project
- Describe the activities required to complete the project and how they are contributing to the charitable purposes of the True Sport Foundation
- Provide a budget for the project
Assessment Criteria – Assessment will be based on the following:
- Support for the Ottawa Sport Council Foundation program goal.
- Support for True Sport principles
- The project can be achieved in a one year
- The community need for the project is well understood
- Sustainability Plan- how will the program be continued beyond the completion of funding?
Grant recipients are required to report on the work for which they receive funding. Reporting requirements include:
- A report outlining Services and Activities– report template to be provided by the Ottawa Sport Council
- A budget outlining how the Ottawa Sport Council Foundation funds were utilized.
The Recipient shall provide appropriate acknowledgement of the Ottawa Sport Council Foundation and True Sport in its publicity, promotional materials, information materials, and on any website reference to the project.
Please download the application, complete and save.
Upon completion, please email to email@example.com , along with the project budget (in excel format) and any other supporting attachments.
The application deadline date is June 30 at 17:00. Applications received after that time will not be accepted.